What, How and When?
Length 2 days
We understand that pensions is a complex area so this two day course, which is an ideal follow on from our ‘Pension Basics’ course, goes into more detail about the administration procedures, documents and forms and the role and responsibilities of the Employer when delivering the Civil Service Pension Scheme (CSPS).
Who should attend?
This course is ideally suited to HR, payroll and pensions employees with a basic understanding of the CSPS, who wish to expand their knowledge in the day-to-day administration of the scheme.
- How the Civil Service Pension Scheme is managed
- The roles of HR, payroll and pensions staff
- Scheme benefits and how contributions are made
- Member eligibility and the procedures for joining the scheme
- What to do when members leave the scheme including opting out, resignations, retirements and deaths
- Member benefits, the processes and roles
- What to do when Members are re-employed and the effect on pension benefits and forms required
- An overview of the Civil Service Compensation Scheme and the forms required
Benefits from attending
- have a detailed knowledge of the pension scheme requirements and processes
- be able to process joiners, leavers, retirement, death cases
- be able to perform basic pension scheme calculations
- be able to manage new starter and existing staff queries
- have an understanding of the Civil Service Compensation Scheme
- be able to understand re-employment provisions
There are currently no courses available.