CSCS Guidance Session
Length 5 hours
Civil Service Compensation Scheme - what employers need to know
The Civil Service Compensation Scheme (CSCS) Awareness course covers the responsibilities of the employer when managing early exits and redundancies, including the communications process and the benefits that are offered to members.
Who should attend?
The CSCS Awareness course is ideally suited to HR, payroll and finance employees who manage the day-to-day administration of the pension scheme or for those managing/involved in early departure exercises.
These interactive sessions will cover:
- How a department should manage an Early Exit/Voluntary Redundancy/Compulsory Redundancy scheme
- Communications between the Member, Employer and MyCSP
- Member benefit options on departure including:
- actuarially reduced retirement
- added pension
- preserved awards
- family benefits
- compensation amounts
Benefits from attending the course
- be able to plan and manage any exit exercises within their organisation correctly
- understand the processes and timescales involved
- be able to perform basic calculations
- be able to explain to members the various levels of compensation
- benefit payable under the relevant circumstances
- understand the options available from the pension scheme