The pre-retirement course is designed for those members who are within 10 years of retirement and who want to understand more about their pension, their options and the retirement process itself.
The topic includes a 3.5 hour seminar that will help you to understand how your pension is calculated, provide an overview of the retirement process, tips on how to prepare for retirement and the options available to you to make your pension fit your lifestyle.
As well as a detailed workbook that you’ll use during the seminar, there’s also additional reading material to help you prepare for your retirement.
During the seminar you’ll learn about:
- How your pension is calculated
- Your lump sum options
- Your retirement options – including early retirement and partial retirement
- Benefits for your family
- How to ensure your wellbeing in retirement
- Preparing for a change in your lifestyle
- You’ll have the information you need to design your own 10 step retirement plan
- You’ll be more informed about retirement and the options available to you
- You’ll be able to estimate your own pension benefits
- You’ll understand the retirement process and its timescales
- You’ll understand what benefits are available to you and your family after your retirement
Is this course right for you?
The course is aimed at members who are considering retirement within the next 10 years.
It will explain the benefits of the Civil Service pension scheme and the retirement process you will go through.
It will offer information on the things you may wish to consider doing in retirement, including finding another job outside the Civil Service, together with helpful information on the organisations which support retired civil servants.
This is a 3.5 hour workshop, all pre-reading and training materials required for the course are included in the cost.
To book a place on an open course, see the available dates below.
If you would like to arrange a group booking for up to 30 delegates please complete the group booking request form.
If you need to raise a Purchase Order (PO), please follow your normal departmental procedure and quote MyCSP as the provider. You’ll need the PO number to finalise your booking.
|Pre-Retirement||Edinburgh||Three hours||26 Feb 2020||
|Pre-Retirement||Birmingham||Three hours||11 Mar 2020||
|Pre-Retirement||Liverpool||Three hours||1 Apr 2020||
|Pre-Retirement||London||Three hours||29 Apr 2020||
|Pre-Retirement||Cardiff||Three hours||20 May 2020||