How long does it last?
Who's it for?
The Essentials course is designed for employees who deal with the ins and outs of the Civil Service Pension Scheme (CSPS) for their professional disciplines, whether they be in HR, payroll, finance or recruitment. The course is also a good introduction for staff who will be directly involved in specific aspects of the administration of the CSPS.
What's it about?
This day-long course will give you a good general understanding of the CSPS and how to communicate it's benefits and requirements.
What will I learn about?
- Pension scheme jargon and correct terminology
- How various benefits are calculated
- The importance of the data you supply
- The various schemes within the CSPS
- Eligibility and re-employment rules
- Service and pensionable pay definitions
- Topping up pensions
- Transfers in from other schemes
- Leaving the scheme and the different types of benefit
- Death in service benefits
How will it benefit me?
- You will get a solid grounding in the Civil Service Pension Scheme, its terminology, the various schemes within it, as well as its rules and benefits.
- You’ll be able to answer pension-scheme queries from recruits, starters and existing employees
- You’ll understand key processes such as notification of new joiners and leavers
- You’ll understand the importance of correct and incorrect data on scheme benefits
Please contact our training team for further information on future dates and to discuss your preference on location
|The Essentials||London||5 hours||31 Oct 2019||