A Good Place to Start
How long does it last?
Who’s it for?
This course is suitable for employees in pension administration, or for HR, payroll and finance employees who have pensions responsibilities.
What's it about?
This full and thorough introduction to the Civil Service Pension Scheme (CSPS) will equip you with all the know-how and skills you need to administer the CSPS’s core requirements.
What will I learn about?
- Pension provisions in the UK
- The intricacies of the Civil Service Pension Scheme
- Statutory schemes vs trust-based schemes
- Pension contributions: all the ways to pay
- The various schemes within the CSPS
- Eligibility and re-employment rules
- Service and pensionable pay calculations
- Topping up pensions
- Transfers in from other schemes
- Leaving the CSPS and the various types of benefit
- CSPS reform: an introduction
- Death benefits
How will it benefit me?
- It will enable you to manage general pension scheme queries from new joiners, existing employees and leavers
- You’ll know all about key processes such as notification of joiners and leavers
- You’ll be an expert in pension scheme terminology
- You’ll have a deeper understanding of the importance of correct and incorrect data on scheme benefits
There are currently no courses available.