Length One day
The Essentials course is designed to provide participants with the elementary skills required to administer the Civil Service Pension arrangements within their day to day role. This course is ideal for members of staff who would like to gain a better understanding of Civil Service pensions.
Who should attend?
Ideally suited for staff new to pension administration, particularly Human Resources, payroll and recruitment who would like to/need to acquire an appreciation of the rules and duties involved in the administration of Civil Service pension schemes. This course is also suitable for Fair Deal employers.
- Overview of the management of the Civil Service Pension Scheme
- Eligibility and re-employment rules
- The different schemes within the Civil Service Pension Scheme
- Service and pensionable pay definitions
- Topping up a pension and transfers in
- Leaving the scheme and the different types of benefit
- Civil Service Compensation Scheme – high level overview
- Death benefits
Benefits from attending:
- be enabled to manage general pension scheme queries from
- new starters and existing employees
- understand and follow the key processes such as notification of new joiners and leavers
- understand terminology used in the pension scheme
- understand the importance of data and the impact incorrect data can have on pension scheme benefits
|The Essentials||London||5 hours||4 Jun 2019||