A Good Place to Start
Length 2 days
A Good Place to Start course provides participants with knowledge required to administer the Civil Service Pension Scheme (CSPS) within their day to day role.
Who should attend?
A Good Place to Start course is ideally suited for employees in HR, payroll and finance roles who are either new to their role, have been given pensions responsibilities, or would like to gain a better understanding of the PCSPS and the rules and duties involved in its administration. This course is also suitable for Fair Deal employers.
- Overview of pension provisions in the UK
- Comparison between statutory schemes and trust based schemes
- Methods of paying for pensions (contributions)
- Overview of the management of the CSPS
- Eligibility and re-employment rules
- Different schemes within the CSPS
- Service and pensionable pay calculations
- Topping up a pension and transfers in
- Leaving the scheme and the different types of benefit
- A brief introduction to Civil Service Compensation Scheme reform
- Death benefits
Benefits from attending:
- be enable to manage general pension scheme queries from new
- starters and existing employees
- understand and follow the key processes such as notification of
- new joiners and leavers
- understand terminology used in the pension scheme
- understand the importance of data and the impact incorrect data
- can have on pension scheme benefits
There are currently no courses available.