Day 3 – Advanced
Master your subject
Day 3 of our employer course is designed for employers who want to challenge themselves by tackling the most technically advanced aspects of the Civil Service Pension Scheme (CSPS). From Injury Benefits to Data & Interface and the Civil Service Compensation scheme (CSCS), you’ll acquire an expert level of knowledge. If you want to become a pension pro then ‘Advanced – Master your subject’ is waiting for you.
One day (5 hours)
Who's it for?
‘Advanced – Master your subject’ is suitable for employees who have any involvement with the Civil Service Pension Scheme (CSPS) as part of their professional role, whether they are in HR, payroll, finance or recruitment. A detailed knowledge of the CSPS is advisable.
What's it about?
During this one day course you’ll gain in depth knowledge of the most technically advanced subjects of the CSPS. You’ll cover topics such as Injury Benefits, Data & Interface and the Civil Service Compensation scheme to name a few.
What will I learn about?
- The Civil Service Injury Benefit Scheme (CSIBS)
- Tax limits on pensions such as the Annual Allowance and the Life Time Allowance
- The importance of the quality of data sent to the scheme administrators
- Interface submissions and validation reports
- The role of the Civil Service Compensation Scheme (CSCS) in Exit schemes
- How your role and responsibilities as an employer fit into all of the above
How will it benefit me?
- You’ll leave with an expert level of knowledge of the most technically advanced subjects of the CSPS.
- You’ll get a detailed understanding of how tax affects pension benefits
- You’ll understand the options available to members and employers under the CSCS.
- You’ll be equipped with the knowledge required to ensure accurate data submissions to the scheme administrator and how to understand Data Validation Fail Reports.
- You’ll be able to answer complex pension-scheme queries from both new and existing employees.
- You’ll have a better understanding of your responsibilities and how they fit into the running of the CSPS.
There are currently no courses available.