Day 2 – Intermediate
Expand your knowledge
Day 2 of our employer course is designed for employers who want a more in depth level of Civil Service Pension Scheme (CSPS) knowledge. You’ll learn about the various retirement options available in thorough detail, the death benefits offered from the CSPS and the impact that divorce can have on pension benefits. You’ll look at the specific forms and processes involved in the scheme. If you’re looking to expand your current knowledge whilst honing in on the finer details then ‘Intermediate – Expand your knowledge’ is the course for you.
1 day (5 hours)
Who's it for?
‘Intermediate – Expand your knowledge’ is suitable for employers who have any involvement with the Civil Service Pension Scheme (CSPS) as part of their professional role, whether they are in HR, payroll, finance or recruitment. A good basic understanding of how the scheme works is advisable.
What's it about?
This day long course will give you a detailed understanding of the various different retirement options and death benefits available in the CSPS. You’ll look at worked examples, the specific forms and processes involved as well as the impact that divorce can have on a member’s pension benefits.
What will I learn about?
- Age retirement
- Early retirement and the respective reductions to pension benefits
- Late retirement and the effect on pension accrual
- Partial retirement and abatement
- Ill health retirement criteria and calculations
- The specific forms and steps involved in the retirement process
- The death benefits offered from the CSPS
- How divorce can impact a member’s pension
- Your responsibilities as an employer
How will it benefit me?
- You’ll have a more enhanced level of knowledge of the Civil Service Pension Scheme (CSPS) as a whole.
- You’ll get a detailed understanding of the various retirement options available to members, their eligibility and your roles and responsibilities throughout the retirement process.
- You’ll be able to help members understand the impact that divorce may have on their pension benefits.
- You’ll have the knowledge required to promote the death benefits offered as a valuable employee benefit.
- You’ll be able to answer detailed pension-scheme queries from both new and existing employees.
|Day 2 – Intermediate – Expand your knowledge||Webinar||5.5 hours - 10:00||3 Feb 2022||